The race is conducted under the ICF marathon rules and sanctioning with indemnity insurance from QLD Canoeing. Starts are staggered in groups according to craft. Safety boats accompany the paddlers. At the end of the race paddlers mingle and enjoy delicious food from the BBQ
- Paddlers must paddle in the start designated on the program for their craft
- The first start (recreation and novice paddlers) is the exception to this rule.
- Paddlers may self-select for start one and may paddle any craft including: Racing Kayaks, Sea Kayaks and Fishing Kayaks; Dragon Boats and Outrigger Canoes; Surf Spec SKIs and Ocean Racing Skis; Stand-Up Paddle Boards; Canadian canoe; Plastic sit-on-top and anything else you might wish to paddle.
The race starts from the pontoon on Lake Dunethin. Paddlers access the pontoon via the jetty which is across the road from the entrance to the Scout compound. Bigger boats such as outrigger canoes, fishing kayaks and dragon boats will not be able to use the jetty. They should launch at the boat ramp which is 500m away and accessed via a service road. The entrance to the service road is marked by a picnic shelter. There is limited parking along that road for vehicles and trailers. Craft launched at the boat ramp will proceed into the Lake before their start. The entrance to the lagoon will be divided in half with a buoy to separate incoming traffic from paddlers who have started their race and are heading out into the river. Paddlers should keep the buoy on their right.
- 2 min before the start, the starter will raise the [Group colour] flag and call: “[Colour] Group 2 min to start, come to the line”
- 1 min before the start, the starter will raise the [Group colour] flag and call: “[Colour] Group 1 min to start” making sure that everyone is lined up, and keeping the flag up.
- The starter will then call the start: “Ready, Go!”
|1||Rec and Novice any Craft||White||9:30am|
|2||Sup any Length||Yellow||9:45am|
|3||TKs, Surf Spec Skis, OC1 & 2||Red||10:00am|
|5||Ocean Ski, K1, K2, K4||Purple||10:30am|
- $100 cash for first Male and Female in each class
- Random Prize Draws including:
- 2 nights accommodation for maximum 4 people at The Rise Noosa
- Accommodation vouchers from River Shore Resort and Mudjimba Holiday Park
- Food and drink vouchers from Marcoola Surf Club and Alex Surf Club.
- Multiple $50 cash draws
|Online Registration – Singles and Doubles (per person)||$35|
|On the Day – Singles and Doubles (per person)||$40|
|DragonBoat (10 wristbands)||$300|
|OC6 (4 wristbands)||$150|
|K4 (3 wristbands)||$120|
Late registrations (on the day).
To register on the day you’ll have to fill a registration form, sign a waiver and make a payment before given a boat number and a wristband.
As race day is a very busy day for our volunteers, please come as early as possible. Registrations will not be accepted via email.
Registration area will be open 7:00am – 8:00am.
Follow the instructions of parking officers at all times.
- Parking at the start will be within the Dunethin Rock Scout Compound as long as the weather remains dry leading up to the event. If the area is wet you will be directed to roadside parking .
- Dragon Boat and outrigger paddlers may wish to park along the service road leading to the boat ramp.
- Please follow the instructions of parking attendants.
- The parking area immediately in front of the SCPC will be reserved for Maroochy River Paddle use.
- There are limited spaces.
- Park only in designated parking bays. Do not park on grass. Council officers patrol the area & fines are issued
**Options for those without a driver. Park at the finish and let us know if you need a lift up or let us know after the conclusion of the Presentations and we will take you up to Dunethin Rock to collect your vehicle.